Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Anthropologie Catalogue/New Arrivals

Bocagrande Dress


Approaching Blue Dress


Mompos Dress

How gorgeous are those catalogue shots?  Spring/Summer Anthro is really hit or miss for me.  I love the layers and nubby knits of fall (though their winter sweater pickings were pretty slim this year), and more often than not the options for summer are all too skimpy or too unstructured for my tastes.  These three dresses are wonderful exceptions.  The Approaching Blue is most certainly my favorite; I wondered about the asymmetrical hemline, but it really works in the model shot.  

The Bocagrande dress isn't usually my thing, but the coral colour calls to me, and the accessories make the dress pop even more.  I wonder how it looks without the belt.

It seems like the Mompos dress is going to be the next super-popular item on the Anthro blogs.  As usual with Tracy Reese dresses, the embellishment and detail on this piece is exquisite.  And the adorable bow belt plays into the 50s vibe (made even more of in the catalogue shot).  I'm not on board for this one, however, since it reminds me strongly of this dress:

Isaac Mizrahi for Target 2008

which I bought from Target a couple of years ago.  It's a gorgeous dress, it fits like a dream, the contrasting patterns make it unique, and it only cost $20.  So I'll leave the Mompos dress for you other Anthro lovers.  The other two are going on my wishlist.  



1 comment:

  1. Bocogrande dress without belt = am I pregnant? dress, but the other two are pretty great.

    ReplyDelete