Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

aka, Shoe Challenge #7


It was absolutely beautiful today; this RealSimple cover exactly embodied the weather's inclinations toward spring.  Of course, we'll be back in the 40s next week.


I can't believe I own so few pairs of green shoes.  Fortunately, these coordinated pretty well with one my favorite dresses - this flirty green shirt-dress from Catherine Malandrino.  I don't recall actually buying these NineWest loafers, but they're some of my go-to shoes. (Seriously - does that happen to anyone else?  Guess I've just had them too long.  Hmm...)  The green is neutral enough to go with lots of things, the heel is pretty low for me, and they're remarkably comfortable and sturdy.  

I scored the dress on ebay after much keeping-my-eyes-out.  It's another Gossip Girl outfit, this time worn by Leighton Meester's character Blair, that I just had to have. We brunettes like our jewel tones. The silk lining feels amazing, and it actually buttons up without gaping.  The flippy skirt of this dress is my favorite part, besides the gorgeous green colour.  


As the last image proves, however, too much twirling leads to wardrobe malfunctions!  I really try to not wear the dress on windy days, to avoid flashing anyone.  Whoops!  I've contemplated sewing some sort of weights into the hem (like Chanel puts chains in their jackets), but I'm worried about ruining the dress.

Today, my friend M and I went to JoAnn's to load up on Vogue Patterns while they were on sale.  I finally drug my sewing machine out, but I haven't made clothing in a long while, so I got several "very easy vogue" patterns to get back into the groove.  I think I'm going to dive into this one first:

source
I've got some coral fabric I picked up off the clearance shelf at JoAnn's after Christmas.  Fingers crossed that it goes well!

Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Paddy's day.  This non-beer drinker is going to have some wine instead.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely shoes, and very appropriate for St Patrick's Day! I didn't wear green yesterday, but I saw so many people who did that I started to regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually started to feel a little self-conscious wearing ALL GREEN, but ah well. I felt very festive! :-P

    ReplyDelete