Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday Pretty, 8/17 + New Obsession

How gorgeous does Drew Barrymore look in this adverts for the new Neiman Marcus 'Book'?  She took items I never found all that attractive - like the green Pucci dress J. Lo inexplicably wore to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, or that weird feathery Chanel top - and makes them look like what they are: high fashion.  I've always thought of Barrymore as a fairly middling actress (however cute she is), but she is modeling the heck out of these looks here.  It's nice to see someone who grew up in such a messy way as a mature, self-confidence, beautiful adult.  

Enjoy the pretty:





Does she not totally look like Rene Russo here?  It's weirding me out a little.

Ooh, also, I adore her hair colour.  

This single shot, however, is my favourite:


I know I shouldn't, but I am absolutely panting after this Burberry Prorsum coat.  The colour, the fur, the tweed, the proportions.  LOVE.  

Leather-bound Wood Tweed Trench with Fur Shoulder Panels

I keep going back to Burberry's site to stare at the pictures and watch it in motion with their fancy .gif advertising.  I'm seriously plotting as to how I could magically come up with an expendable £2000.  Any ideas?

Unfortunately, it's one of those things that doesn't really have cheapie look-alikes.  Sad face.  I'll keep dreaming (and plotting - mwha-ha-ha)...



No comments:

Post a Comment