Monday, August 29, 2011

BCBG: Colourblocking for fall






The last one is my favorite - something about the flowy, asymmetric top with the simple black shorts. Although I wish the top weren't sheer (I suppose that's easily treated by wearing a cami underneath.  However, it does make me wonder whether the pieces work not paired with other BCBG pieces. 

 In general, I like that the colour blocking serves as an accent to black here, but what I (oddly) find most appealing are the "mullet" style tops.  Weird, right?  The drapiness, the belt, and the cape back are all really trendy, yet somehow minimalist and classic.  Am I totally on crack?  Perhaps.  But I love it.  

I don't really have anything in my closet like this, and I doubt it's a look that'll be picked up by the high street.  I wonder whether I could improvise a pattern to create a similar look?

No comments:

Post a Comment