Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Pretty, 9/21

Untitled #5 by Kent Rogowski


20x200's theory is defined as thus:


(limited editions × low prices) + the internet = art for everyone


It's a website that makes available a limited edition of photographs and art available in several sizes - the smallest costing only $20.  Now, I've found that an 8x10 (the typical 'small' size) is frankly a little silly for buying art, unless maybe you're buying for a child's bedroom or a bathroom/hallway.  I like my art BIG.  That being said, it's a pretty cool design resource.  Much like shopping on etsy, you've got to do a little digging until something great jumps out at you (or you can subscribe to their newsletter and get automatic updates), but occasionally you can find something you really like.  

I really like this series by Rogowski, where he put together puzzle pieces from several different puzzles, making a colourful floral mishmash.  It's just gorgeous.  And, unfortunately, sold out except in the largest size.  I said I like big, but $2000 is more than I want to spend on wall decoration at the moment. (Or maybe at all moments).  

Find out more about 20x200 here.


No comments:

Post a Comment