Thursday, September 22, 2011

Glitter Shoes

I'm always a little wary of glitter shoes.  Will it just fall off and get everywhere?  Glitter truly is the herpes of the craft world - you can't ever get rid of that stuff.

Nevertheless, I've got a magpie's love of shiny things, so glittery shoes appeal to me.  

Of course, it's become a trend, so you can find glitter in just about every shoe iteration.

There's the standard party-girl, high-class-hooker gold glitter stiletto:

Christian Louboutin Lady 150 Glitter Peep-Toes


The hideous shoes that look like you're wearing glittery socks with sandals:

Miu Miu Glitter & Suede Ankle Boots


The oh-so-casual loafer:

J. Crew Darby Glitter Loafers


The are-these-casual-or...what-the-heck-do-I-wear-these-with Oxford booties:



The more-practical cute wedding/party shoe:


Or the 'casual' pump that just happens to have glitter on it:

Miu Miu Suede Glitter Pumps


What's your perspective on glittery shoes? 

Do you have solutions to the 'what do I wear with these' problem?  I'd guess the answer is the same as mine to 'what do I wear with this sequined skirt?': just treat it like a regular skirt and go with it.  Pulling. It. Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment