Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni for Target - now on sale!

It's times like these that I miss having a Target.  

I'm not the hugest fan of Missoni - I can recognize it's aesthetic appeal, but to me it's always looked far too 70s, especially their zig-zag design, the inclination toward crochet-type styling, and the decades old colour combinations.  Of course, the 70s are back with a vengeance this fall, so it looks like Target made a very smart decision in teaming with Missoni.  

That being said, I actually found quite a few things on Target's website that I like. The best part of this team-up is that, just like Liberty, Missoni has produced more than just women's clothes.  There's linens and dishes, house decorations, men's sweaters and ties, girls clothing all in addition to a fairly wide assortment of women's clothing.  Oh!  And bikes! (which are frankly somewhat hideous, but certainly popular from what I can tell, and would definitely make your bike stand out when you rode it around town.)

I probably won't buy any of them (unless I can coerce my sister or someone to make a store run in the States), but I can admire them online.  

Here are my picks from the Missoni at Target line:

Throw in Colore - $40
The colours here would clash with nearly everything in our flat, and J has firmly told me "no more buying throws", but I think this is rather pretty.  And it looks cozy.

$100 is a lot for some spare seating, but I'd love to have one of these in the corner.


Table Vase (large) - $50
There are an assortment of these vases (small, medium, and large) which would make nice decorative accents. 


This is one of my favorite pieces.  The colours are fabulous and I love to have a variety of serving bowls - they're eminently useful.


Blue Panel Cut tie - $25
J could get a lot of use out of this.  Plus, it would add some variety to his work wardrobe.


Floral Silk Scarf in Yellow - $20
This is my other favorite.  I collect scarves, and this one is a mix of some lovely colours.


Newborn Girls Sweater Union Suit - $25
I'm not pregnant and we don't have kids, but I want to buy this just for the eventuality.  It's SO CUTE.


Sleeveless Sweater Dress - $55
A good sweater dress is a nice thing to have in your closet, and this one is definitely interesting.  Here, the styling is much more 60s mod.  I like it, but I would probably play down the pattern a bit with a neutral cardigan.  If you're someone who would play it up a bit, this dress really is the look that epitomizes the Missoni brand.


V-Neck Combo Chiffon Sweater - $45
I wonder whether this looks much better online than it will in person.  The 'chiffon' looks never carry through well in quality in these diffusion lines.  I do like this tamer play on the Missoni zig-zag.


I can only really imagine this as sleepwear since it is short.  I do wish they had a tank top that was cut like the top half of this romper; I'd be all over that in a second.


Check out more at Target.com

No comments:

Post a Comment