Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dreaming of an Anthro sale...

Well, very disappointed in sale offerings this morning (and last week!).  Guess that's just the way it goes.  To be honest, on my new budget, I'm much more discerning about my purchases.  At the moment, I'm holding my breath for some wishlist items to get another cut.  We'll see, I suppose. 

There are a few cute things hanging around sale, especially if you're in a part of the world where it's still relatively warm.  Here are my slim pickings:

Orbweaver Dress - now $70

How gorgeous is this dress?  The back makes it even more interesting.  But I am stuck in an ethical/philosophical dilemma: Do I like this dress only because it's so very on sale (down from $258)? I'm always a sucker for a good deal, but does that put too much emphasis on sucker?  I remember reading in 'wardrobe maintenance' books/articles that you shouldn't buy stuff on sale that you wouldn't buy for full price.  Which I think is pretty silly; there are plenty of items that I wouldn't consider for full price, not because I don't like them, but because I regard that price as ridiculous (or simply out of my budget).  There are plenty of expensive Leifsdottir dresses I've been drawn to more than this one, so I suppose that's my answer.  It sure is a great deal for someone to snag.



Tenacity Tee - now $40

Cute variation on the basic white tee.



Pointelle Pullover - $40

This is one I've been wavering on for a while.  I really liked how it looked on, and it would make a good layering piece (plus the colour is pretty great).  But for some reason, I just haven't pulled the trigger.  $40 isn't exactly expensive, but it just seems like a lot for what will basically serve as a long-sleeve tee (I totally would have just gone ahead and bought this a year ago...ahhhh, responsible budgeting).



Colorblock Chemise - now $100

I LOVE this dress.  I tried it on in store and thought it was really lovely and flattering.  But it truly is designed like a 'chemise': the jersey is soft and drapey but slightly thin (not see-through as far as I could tell) but what really annoyed me was the raw hems.  I know it's difficult to have a nice hem on jersey that wouldn't damage the drape, but some of my mom's perfectionist sewing isms must have stuck with me - I refuse to pay $100 for a jersey dress with an unfinished hem.  Boo.



Towering Tassel Mules - $80

J would hate the wedge heels, and I wonder how easy it is to walk in these, but I really like the pale pink suede and the tassle-loafer styling.  These went into my shopping bag, but they'll definitely sit there for a while.  



I did make one Anthro purchase last week - I dragged J into the King's Road store and found this top in their TINY sale section (seriously, the King's Road shop is gorgeous, but it's weirdly organized and the lack of a sale section really deters me from going).  

A-Bit-Unruly Top - now $30

My size had dropped out of my wishlist on the US site, so I was super-excited to get it. And for £15.  Whee!  It does still exist in the other colors if it catches your eye.  


No comments:

Post a Comment