Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shoe Challenge #12 - Poetic License wedges

I don't know how much these really fall into the "wedge" category - they're more a weird cross between heel and wedge.  They're dark brown, which is actually a color I don't wear too much, but the bright pink preppy accents were too cute to pass up.  



It's still a little chilly here, despite signs of Spring finally popping up, so I'm largely sticking to sweaters and long-sleeve tees.  This ensemble served fairly well for our ballroom lesson (last week!  I'm so behind!) - I was a little worried that silk trousers were perhaps not the best things to wear while dancing, but they actually worked out well.  

J.Crew sweater
J.Crew silk cupro cropped trousers
Target tights
My mom was in town working on making the alterations to my dress, so I drug her off to witness our attempts at dance.  We actually got a ton done - nearly 2 minutes choreographed.  I'm really excited to see how it all turns out.  And now that my dress has a bustle that works, I'm feeling more confident about doing it in a relatively heavy skirt.  


I decided to take my new cerulean blue nail polish out for a test drive.  It's Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away.  InStyle mentioned the trend in blue nails, and I just had to try it out when the polishes were BOGO at Meijer last week.  I kinda love it, and think it'll be great for fun summer nails.  Just make sure to wear a basecoat in order to avoid looking like you have hypothermia when you take your polish off!



No comments:

Post a Comment