Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Best of Anthropologie Sale - April 12

After stopping by both Anthropologies in Chicago this past weekend, I was ready to give the sale a pass this week.  And it seems like I lucked out, since nothing on my wishlist went on sale (or at least, enough on sale that I'm willing to buy it just now!).  After the big clothing sale last week, I expected a home sale, but there were some cute clothing markdowns this time.  Here are my picks of the pack:

Bargello Tank - now $60
This top is on my wishlist, but I just can't justify sixty bucks on a half-sheer tank when I've already got so many sleeveless, summery tops in my wardrobe already.  


Eureka Cargo Skirt - now $60
I tried this skirt on when it first came out.  I like both the tan and the pink, so I was all about taking it home with me...until I tried it on.  It seems like I am the one person in the whole world on whom a-line skirts actually look fairly terrible.  I don't have much of a defined waist and prefer either full skirts or a pencil.  So, despite my hopes, tradition held out and this looked awful on me.  Heh.  Its still so cute, though!  Hopefully this skirt works out for many others.

There seem to be some fit issues with these, but I might be willing to give them a try.  Too many shoes, too little time...  


Picked Plaid Skirt - now $50
I was tempted to try this on this weekend, and now am kicking myself that I didn't.  So bright and colourful, but the checked background makes it more versatile.


Draped Collar Tunic - now $40
Anthropologie has had several of these cowl-neck/draped-collar tops, and I love the bright pink.  The sheerness factor is a bit of a downer, but I tend to wear a camisole under most tops, anyway.  


Maxie Ford Shorts - now $150
Oh, I adore these.  Can't really justify more than a hundred dollars on sequin shorts (silver sequin shorts!), unfortunately.  Seriously, so sad.


Wisteria Halter Dress - now $80


Such an Easter Sunday dress.  The material was a little rough, rather than the light cotton I expected, in person.  Also, one of those difficult-to-find-a-bra-to-wear dresses.  Still, I've thought about it as a rehearsal dinner dress.  


Sunny Forecast Chemise - now $30


So cute, though I've had fit problems with similarly-cut chemises from Anthro before.  Looks like this one is going to sell out fast.  



Did you make any purchases at Anthropologie this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment