Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wishes

Does anyone else have one designer whose stuff they love, but they don't have one single item of it in their closets?  (I'm talking about designers in the realm of affordability.  No fair saying I wish I had a Marchesa dress...because (a) most of us can't afford a Marchesa dress and (b)  where the heck would you wear it anyway?)  



For me, it's definitely, 100% Thread Social.



Now, it's not exactly 'super affordable' but it's no worse than MBMJ or DVF and I've got several of both of those.  Why is it that I can never pull the trigger on a Thread Social dress?




Everytime TS shows up on Gilt, I ooh and ahh over the dresses, but I still haven't purchased anything.  Looking back at it, it's really weird, right?  



Part of the problem is that I tend to think of TS as a party-dress source.  I don't know how true it is, but in my mind, they re-introduced the one shoulder sillhouette with this dress:


And lots of their designs ARE party dresses:



But there's so much cute, versatile stuff mixed in.


I swear, I'm going to make an effort to think about TS when next it comes to buy a staple designer item. And hopefully Gilt will help a girl out with a nice, discount price to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment