Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chanel Resort 2012

....or, why I often don't get fashion.  

So, the Chanel Resort show took place in Antibes on the French Riviera on May 9.  

There were some lovely looks:

Although, what the eff are on their feet?




There were, of course, plenty of suits in spring-y yellow and lavendar and white, and I quite liked the black one-piece swimsuits with the Chanel tweed jacket as an over-layer (not that I'd ever wear such a thing, but I can see it as a look).

But then you get things like this:

seriously, that's a jeans waistband

and this:


which combined with this:

Judged as a series of stand-alone items, it was easy to extract some immediate winners: the full trousers slashed up the calf, the floaty three-quarter-length dresses with the shirred midriffs, Natasha Poly's white beaded sheath. 

(from Style.com's review of the collection)

just makes me shake my head in disgust. 

But, of course, we're also taking it as given that a man who dresses like this:


is our arbiter of taste.  


No comments:

Post a Comment