Monday, February 14, 2011

Shoes!!

I've been reading Shoperwoman for more than a year, and it's great. A) I love shoes (duh) and it's always fun to see what turns up on the blog, B) she has amazing taste, and I'm always so jealous of her shoe collection, C) she's hysterical, and tons of fun to read. So...when she proposed her Shoeper Shoe Challenge, how could I not jump on board?


To be honest, it took a bit to get started. I'm a bit of a procrastinator - it goes with being transiently obsessive. But my shoe collection badly needed a paring down, and the Challenge was the perfect excuse!
They barely fit in the living room.  Geesh.

Here's how it works - from Feb 14 2011 to Feb 14 2012, all participants have to wear every pair of shoes in their collection. Any shoes left unworn at the end of the year are for the bin, or Goodwill. (Read more about the challenge here.)


Here's the breakdown of my shoe collection:



Flat Sandals (4)

Heeled Sandals (13)

Ballet Flats (7)

Pointed-toe Flats (3)

Loafers & Sneakers (8)

Peep-Toe Heels (7)

Pointed-Toe Heels (7)

Pumps (11)

Platforms (11)

Booties (7)

Boots (10)


That's 88.  Blurgh.


Presently we're budgeting, so I'll see how that affects any new additions to the collection.  Ideally, you stick to the one-in-one-out theory, but......my shoes!  Heh.  


Wish me luck!  I'll be posting as I progress through the challenge.  If you're suffering from a surfeit of shoes, join in, and let me know how you're doing!  

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!

    And so sneaky.

    Silly me for not paying attention.

    ReplyDelete